Our school meals are provided by Cygnet Catering. They offer the children a wonderful selection of freshly cooked meals, pre ordered, at a reasonable price. Menus are changed 3 times a year and there are also a number of theme days with special menus or dishes.
Parents select, with their children, what they would like to eat a week in advance and via a simple ordering system they are then ordered for the child. At lunchtime the child gets the meal they have order ensuring they are eating a nutritionally balanced meal.
Parents can select either a meat, vegetarian or jacket potato as the main meal which is then served with freshly steamed vegetables. A delicious pudding is also served along with freshly cooked bread.
A sample menu and order form is available below.
Are you eligible to claim free school meals for your child(ren)?
You may be eligible If you, the parent/carer, receive at least ONE of the following benefits already:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit and your annual income does not exceed £16,190 (NB: This limit is set for April 2011 to March 2012 and may change in the future)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you think you might be eligible and do not yet claim free school meals, please feel free to contact the school Office for more information.
If you are able to get free school meals but you do not want the meal please sign up as each for each child claiming free school meals the school receives £900 to aid learning.
This can be put towards a variety of things to help children at the school develop and make progress.