At Millfield Lead Academy we build on the L.E.A.D. principles, and take into account the particular needs of children who attend the school.
We will provide a curriculum that:
- Is relevant to the pupils and helps them to understand the world they live in and contribute to it;
- Provides opportunities to look beyond the everyday experiences;
- Ensures that pupils are industrious and have a thirst for and love of learning;
- Can evolve to meet new needs and challenges;
- Supports a culture where aspirations are high and success is valued;
- Provides integrated learning experiences that are creative, engaging, enriching and encourage independent learning;
- Develops high-level functional skills, particularly literacy and numeracy;
- Takes into account the content of the National Curriculum and legal requirements for the curriculum;
- Ensures pupils leave the school well-prepared for the next stage of education having made good progress and reached standards that are the platform for continued success.
Phonics Scheme: Letters and Sounds
Reading Scheme: EYFS and Year 1: PM Benchmarking. Children then progress onto the Accelerated Reader scheme.
For more information about our exciting curriculum please contact Mrs Clare Dunn, Curriculum Leader.